Instant Mood Boosters for busy mums
Being a Mum can be a rewarding journey, but it can be intense at times and the work never ends! Between juggling work, household chores, and taking care of family, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and head towards burnout. But there is good news, mama, There are simple and effective ways to boost your mood, even in the midst of chaos. Let’s explore 10 practical tips to help you find quick relief and recharge your spirit. Here are 10 instant mood boosters for busy overwhelmed mums
10 instant mood boosters for busy overwhelmed mums
- 1. Breathe: When stress levels rise, take a moment to breathe deeply. Deep breathing triggers your body’s relaxation response, reducing anxiety and promoting a sense of calm. Inhale deeply through your nose, hold for a few seconds, and exhale slowly through your mouth.
- 2. Gratitude: Shift your focus from what’s overwhelming you to what you’re grateful for. Take a few minutes each day to jot down things you’re thankful for. This simple practice can reframe your perspective and boost your mood. Gratitude practice is part of my everyday toolbox necessities. When you practice this regularly it becomes a super tool for mindfulness practice.
- 3. Mini Meditation: You don’t need hours to meditate; a few minutes can make a difference. Find a quiet spot, close your eyes, and focus on your breath or a soothing word. Even a short meditation session can help you feel more centred and less stressed. I find the Calm app a great place to start if you need some guidance.
- 4. Movement: Physical activity releases endorphins, which are natural mood enhancers. Incorporate short bursts of exercise into your day, like a 10-minute brisk walk or a few yoga stretches. Or even a kitchen disco – this can also benefit your children. Not only will your mood improve, but you’ll also feel more energised.
- 5. Uplifting Playlist: Music has a powerful impact on emotions. Create a playlist of your favourite upbeat songs and listen to it when you need a pick-me-up. Sing along or dance around to release stress and elevate your mood.
- 6. Connection: Sometimes, a friendly conversation is all you need to lighten your mood. Reach out to a friend for a quick chat, whether through a phone call or a text. Sharing your feelings can provide relief and remind you that you’re not alone.
- 7. Laughter: Laughter truly is the best medicine. Watch a funny video, listen to a comedy podcast, or reminisce about amusing moments with your family. Laughter reduces stress hormones and increases feel-good chemicals. Michal McIntyre never fails to make me laugh.
- 8. Get outside: Spending time outdoors can work wonders for your mood. Take a short walk in a nearby park or simply sit in your garden. The fresh air, natural surroundings, and sunlight can help alleviate stress and rejuvenate your mind.
- 9. Pamper Yourself: Treat yourself to a quick self-care session. Whether it’s a soothing bubble bath, a face mask, or a cup of your favourite tea, these small indulgences can provide a sense of relaxation and refreshment.
- 10. Practice Mindfulness: Bring your awareness to the present moment through mindfulness. Engage your senses by focusing on what you see, hear, smell, taste, and touch. Mindfulness can help ground you and reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed.
As a busy mum, it’s important to prioritize your well-being and prevent burnout. These instant mood boosters are like mini-tools you can use whenever you feel the weight of responsibilities getting to you. Remember, taking care of yourself benefits everyone and allows you to be the best version of yourself for your family. So, What are you waiting forget try these tips whenever you need a quick Energy top-up – Everyone will thank you.
We only get one life we should live it to its full potential and not be overwhelmed by the never-ending laundry basket of life.
Amidst the Chaos, I’m here to support you to a more simplified #mumlife
“I’m excited to continue our connection. Be part of a community that turns chaos into collective strength.
Simplified Mum Life Village is a community just for that.
Head on over and let’s connect some more.